Nutrition for Wrestlers
- Avoid foods with too much fats and sugar. If you eat too much protein your body stores it as fat. Stick to two and three serving of protein a day.
Positive Benefits for Wrestling
- Mental skills to overcome obstacles and challenges.
- Total body workout.
- Wrestlers develop a great cardiovascular system because they are in non-stop action. They develop great functional and cardiovascular strength and endurance.
- Wrestlers must eat healthy all the time and drink enough water throughout the day to properly manage their weight. Staying hydrated and eating healthy helps recover the body from intense matches and long grueling practices.
- When wrestling or practicing which will last for 1 ½-2 hours you burned 1,600 calories in just one day.
Negative Benefits for Wrestling
- Wrestlers developed unhealthy eating habits while trying to maintain abnormally low weight levels.
- Can suffer from injuries to any body part.
Supplements for Wrestlers
- L-Glutamine: Prevents Catabolism
- Whey Protein: Increases Protein Consumption
- Vitamin C: Boosts immune function
- Beta Alanine: Boots endurance
- Creatine: Boots performance
- ZMA: Increases testosterone production and helps recovery
- Spirulina: Aids physical well-being
- Glucosamine: Supports joints
- Sesamin: Fat loss
- Multi Vitamins and multi Minerals: Overall health